Community Art Projects
The City of Cocoa in conjunction with ArtBeatz Cocoa and Cocoa Main Street are seeking artists to submit their digital work that will be printed on vinyl and placed in various locations throughout the City. The city has designated certain electrical boxes to display the works of art!
What we are looking for:
- Varied concepts from urban to landscape, abstract to realistic.
- Bright and visible images
- Age appropriate for all age viewers
- Please submit your original artwork
- Maximum of three pieces per artist
- Original submital should be in a PDF format, 8.5x11 (Work will need to be enlarged to specs of the electrical box if selected)
- Submit all pieces to ArtbeatzCocoa@gmail.com and please include your contact information
- DEADLINE for submittals is 5:00pm on Friday, August 11, 2017
- If your art is selected, you will be contacted by August 15th with project details and royalty information.
ArtBeatz Cocoa has collected applications from local artists to paint benches throughout Cocoa Village. ArtBeatz is a group collaborative that was formed out of a community engagement workshop held by the City of Cocoa’s Office of Economic Development on January 8, 2016. Renowned author, Peter Kageyama, who is best known for his books For the Love of Cities and Love Where You Live, was the guest speaker and workshop moderator. He challenged the group of over forty local stakeholders to come up with a community project to be voted on by the group and which would receive a $500 grant to kick start the chosen project. Project pitches included ideas such as a community cornhole tournament, Hometown Hero pole banners, more doggie stations in the village and more. Two projects were chosen to receive the grant for a total of $500 each.
Once the bench art project idea was voted to receive the grant, a group of community stakeholders was formed to spearhead the project and ArtBeatz Cocoa was formed. The group began meeting to form a framework for the project which then developed into an idea for a centralized “umbrella” of art installation in the Cocoa Village area.
A number of phased projects are planned for the ArtBeatz movement including more benches throughout the Village and other mural type art projects. This bench project is the first phase in the Cocoa Village area. Artists submitted applications and the committee chose artists for the project.
ArtBeatz Cocoa is always looking for sponsors for this community improvement project. If you are interested in having your business spotlighted on the bench along with the artist who created the design, please visit https://www.artbeatzcocoa.com/ for more information.